Custom Search

Friday, June 12, 2009

House Barging

While cycling around Oak Bay last week I came across this odd scene. It's a house on a barge. It's being moved to another location here in the Pacific Northwest by a company that specializes in recycling houses by moving them to new locations by barge. As it says on the sign posted on this house, moving this house instead of demolishing it saves 40 trees and means 90,000 pounds diverted from the landfill. Seems like a good idea to me. The company is called Nickel Bros. and you can visit their interesting website by clicking here.

1 comment:

Canarybird said...

Great photos Benjamin! I'm a Vancouver Islander living very far away and although I usually get to fly back to Victoria and Sidney for summer holidays, I might not make it this year. So I'll come and visit your photos to make up for that beautiful Island scenery I'm missing! Love your blog. Sharon.