Custom Search

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Normal Birdwatching

Usually when I post photos of birds they are like close-ups though they have been taken with telephoto lenses. Today's photo is what I usually see. Have you noticed the Belted Kingfisher? He's practically dead centre in this photo. By the time I have fumbled around attaching the telephoto lens the bird I have spotted has often flown away. The wooden structure in the background is the Selkirk Trestle that gives its name to this part of the Gorge, known as the Selkirk Waters. The Selkirk Trestle was originally for rail traffic but is now a part of the Galloping Goose Trail for cyclists and pedestrians.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I must look for this the next time I am in Victoria. Sometimes, if one has their point and shoot with a good zoom, in cases like this, can capture the bird spot on. I know what you mean fumbling with lens change in a crucial time of a possible great shot. Hope you have a lingering image of him in your mind. Great shot!

William Kendall said...

Great shot.

The bird must be having a quiet moment, until that two legged critter came along with a camera.

JoJo said...

I love the perspective on this. I remember the little Gorge Tour ferry going under the trestle.