Custom Search

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thetis Lake

Fern and I are both very fond of Thetis Lake Regional Park. It's got miles of splendid paths through the forest and beside its lakes and one of its nicest characteristics is that it is right on the edge of Victoria. It's barely a fifteen minute drive from our house in the city. Even when the park is crowded (like it was on Sunday when I took this photo) it is still very easy to be alone with the lake and the trees (and the mushrooms! - we'll be seeing some more of these this week.)
Happy New Year!


5 comments:

JoJo said...

The park was crowded when you shot this? You'd never know it from this tranquil picture!

Jack said...

You are lucky to have a place of beauty and solitude so close to the city.

I hope Fern and you have wonderful years in 2013.

Stephanie said...

Very pretty shot! I visit your blog daily, but I don't like the word verification. A lot of the blogs I follow have gotten rid of it as it is a pain to try over and over to decipher the code. Just thought I would let you know as I do like your photography!

Benjamin Madison said...

Thanks JoJo and Jack and Happy New Year to you as well.

Stephanie - thanks for your kind words and visits. In the past others have complained about the capchas also so I decided to bow to public opinion and remove the capchas. That was last night at about 9pm. Since then I have had to delete 6 spam comments (which the capchas usually deal with). That's not your fault - I just mention it to demonstrate that there is a good reason for capchas. These spam comments are not made by people who visit the blog. They are made by automated "bots" that can't read capchas.

William Kendall said...

It's a beautiful spot!