Custom Search

Friday, January 11, 2013

Victoria: A History in Photographs

While I'm on the subject of books, here's another that I have been enjoying lately: "Victoria: A history in Photographs" by Peter Grant, published by Heritage House. Needless to say it's got lots of fascinating photos of early Victoria, but it also has enough text and captions to explain and put the photos into context. I can't help but think that maybe in a couple of hundred years some of my photos will make their way into a similar book. It makes recording the details of la vie quotidienne a little more significant.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The harbour no doubt looks significantly different today!

JoJo said...

I have to track this book down. I have a vintage linen postcard of the Empress in this smaller version.