Custom Search

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Work Point House

When I snapped this photo on my morning walk a few days ago it was mostly because I liked the goose standing so alertly on the top of this rocky little island. When I got home, however, I was also pleased to see that it was a nice capture of the interesting stone house on Work Point in the background. The house was built by John Henson, a stone mason. He and his family lived there from 1929 to 1939 when Work Point became of wartime strategic significance since it marks one side of the entrance to the Inner Harbour. The house then became a part of the Work Point Barracks. Apparently it is still as solid as when it was erected, a tribute to John Henson's skills.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JoJo said...

Is it privately owned now?

Benjamin Madison said...

@JoJo - Hi JoJo - No it still belongs to the Department of National Defense. I don't think anyone lives in it now.

Stephanie said...

Something new to learn about. Love this shot!

William Kendall said...

It's a lovely spot!