Custom Search

Saturday, April 3, 2010

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Despite the good press robins have been receiving on this blog I have recently noticed distinctly hostile and aggressive behavior. It reminds me that beneath that romantic springtime nesting and mating is a fierce competition for mates and territory. I've lately seen some genuinely vicious aerial combats and feathery fisticuffs between robins. There is a definite martial edge to their cheeping and peeping. And on the ground the normally mild-mannered robin adopts a stance that clearly says, "You want a piece of me?"

2 comments:

JoJo said...

"Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? I don't see anyone else here so you must be talking to me!" lol

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful moment in time; makes one wonder what goes on in his mind.

Please have you all a blessed Easter Sunday.