Custom Search

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Inner Harbour - Above the Causeway

I continue to urge spring's arrival with the utmost concentration but the weather persists in being cold, hovering a few degrees above freezing during the daytime.

I had planned to post a photo of another of Victoria's street clocks today to mark the changeover to Daylight Saving Time here. However, the ten photos I took of that clock a few days ago are like an instruction manual for how to take out-of-focus, wrongly exposed, badly composed photos so you get this post when I gripe again about the weather.

6 comments:

Lowell said...

Wonderful photo, Ben. You can feel the coolness in those darkening clouds but also the hope of warmth in the sunlit buildings. Super job!

And it shows off a very attractive city!

davin said...

Careful with the highlights! The trademark Victoria lamps are looking darker than they should. I dig the composition. Nice one!

Anonymous said...

What dramatic skies! A lovely series of pictures.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photo and a great sky. Temperatures are about the same in southern Ontario but the sun has been shining!
Smiles

Jabba said...

I'm curious what you will say about today's weather (March 9) since it's snowing so hard it's almost white-out conditions in the distance out my window!
Yesterday I was sitting on a bench on the sea wall basking in the sun!!

Vanessa Bates said...

That is a gorgeous photo!