Custom Search

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Delhi Street Scene

Our weather has been so unremittingly dark and wet lately that I've really been longing for some sunshine and warmth. As I result I present today for "Somewhere Saturday" a street scene I snapped in Delhi a couple of years ago because it's full of sunshine and the relaxed attitudes that are expressive of life in a warm environment. It's also got lots of nice details that I like - such as the bicycle rickshaw man coming up over the hill, the ice cream and popsicle seller, the glorious bush of bouganvillea and the perfectly relaxed attitude of the seated man in the lower left. Delhi is noisy and hectic but I always find when I slow down and walk around there are lots of little islands of peace like this.

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Lovely photo! We're about to be hit with a fairly bad storm here on the east coast too.