Custom Search

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bucket List

A bucket list is a list of things to do before you die. The concept is derived from the phrase "to kick the bucket" and was made popular recently by the 2007 film "The Bucket List". I'm thankful that I don't have a very long bucket list. I've been lucky enough to experience during my life most of what I dreamt of when I was young. However, whenever I spend a few minutes in the vicinity of the two S.A.L.T.S. training ships pictured above, that last bucket list item comes surging to the surface: A long sailing voyage on a ship such as this through the South Seas and on to the Orient. To wake up in the morning and look out one of these incredible windows onto some palm-fringed shore - that's my bucket list item. What's yours?

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Well I have realistic bucket list items (like Watkins Glen in NY, Vermont, etc) and then there are the super 'if I win the lottery' ones like traveling extensively throughout Canada, going to Iceland and the British Isles, Rte 66 and more of America.

Benjamin Madison said...

I bet travel items are on almost everyone's bucket list. Iceland? Hmmm... - sounds interesting.

Mike Laplante said...

Recently scratched one off my list... bungy jump.