Custom Search

Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome to the Wet Coast



For all of our green gardens and lush wilderness, we sometimes feel a bit grumpy on the Pacific Coast when it's supposed to be summer and it's raining...AGAIN. This is a hasty photo I took while racing through Waddington Alley, but the rain puddling on the wooden paving blocks was just too lovely not to stop and admire. Here is another post on the same subject from Benjamin Madison, and much to my chagrin, his photo, posted in August of 2008, also shows Waddington Alley looking very damp. -Fern

5 comments:

Paul in Powell River said...

Well there you go - every time I'm in Victoria I walk down Waddington Alley to get to the Il Terrazzo, yet never realized I was walking on wood!

JoJo said...

Oh sure Fern, rub it in. The rest of us are dying w/ the heat and humidity. lol And I had to pick the summer to move back to Massachusetts. What was I thinking? ;) Love the picture.

Jack said...

From your picture and Benjamin's, I conclude that it rains a lot at Waddington Alley. Nice shot. Amazing to learn that the street is paved in wood.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Like Jack I am amazed, did not realize there was such a thing. Your image of the wet alley is fantastic Fern, it's the first time I've realized that you and Ben share the blog!

Kim said...

Ah, I think Benjamen parked his scooter at end of this alley when we ate at the Indian restaurant. I see "Lucky"out on the next street. Love that I can see a patch of blue in that rain puddle :-). Nice shot, Fern!
-Kim