Custom Search

Saturday, September 17, 2011

World's Largest Truck

Don't bother imagining the world's largest truck. You're looking at it. This is the Titan 33-19 and it can carry a ton of stuff. Actually, 350 tonnes of stuff. It lives in Sparwood, British Columbia and used to work in the coal mine there. My thanks to the gentleman pictured above who kindly agreed to pose there to give scale to the photo. (According to Wikipedia this is no longer the world's largest truck - a slightly larger truck has been built, the Caterpillar 797).

For this "Somewhere Saturday" I have added a bonus video from my summer trip to Alberta, a short clip of driving through the Rocky Mountains.

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Wow. It's a big one.

Leeds daily photo said...

I thought they said size was not everything! But that is a seriously big truck. Paul at Leeds in Yorkshire daily photography

Clueless in Boston said...

Wow! You've made every little boy smile today.

JoJo said...

And I thought the tires for my boyfriend's tractor trailer were expensive...I'd hate to see how much these tires cost! Loved the video too. Someday I'll get back up there.

Benjamin Madison said...

Thanks all for your kind comments. JoJo - to answer your question from yesterday about the pretty purple fruits - I don't know what they are.

Unknown said...

That's a serious piece of kit. I bet you don't even a mile a gallon from the engine.

Jack said...

They keep getting bigger. In the past, my old company had the biggest truck, but it has been surpassed multiple times by now.

Anonymous said...

Wow... doesn't quite express the scale of this behemoth ... good thinking to add a human to show the 'wow' factor! :-)