Custom Search

Friday, September 9, 2011

Facelifts

It has been some time since I have renewed the header photo for Victoria Daily Photo and since I am currently enamored with cartoon style processing I decided that for a new look to I would use this photo of Victoria's Inner Harbor. The title of this post has a double significance also in that the large white building in this photo has just undergone an extensive cleaning and repainting and, empty now, will soon house another tenant, since its longtime resident, the Royal London Wax Museum, is no longer there. This building was originally built as the Canadian Pacific Railway Steamship Terminal in 1924. It was designed by Francis Rattenbury and Percy James. The large building in the background of this photo is the Hotel Grand Pacific.

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Very cool header. I've never used this effect but it looks like fun!
V

Dean Lewis said...

Love it, very powerful.
A great mixture of realistic detail emphasized by graphic effect. Exactly what many painters strive for.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Excellent new header Ben, love this style, it's so crisp and fresh, fabulous subject as well.

JoJo said...

Loving the new header. I'm glad that the old Terminal has gotten a facelift as it was looking quite run down when I visited last fall. I also grinned when I saw the Hotel Grand Pacific, which is where I stayed last fall!

Mike Laplante said...

I like the new header.