Custom Search

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bird Portraiture

I must confess that my photographic interests have shifted considerably since I began this blog. I have become progressively more interested in urban and peri-urban wildlife, especially birds. Amongst birds, Great Blue Herons are favorite photographic models of mine since they are large, numerous and stand perfectly still for long periods of time. They do, however, tend to wear a rather bleak expression and look a little scruffy, especially around their heads. This fellow poses quite conveniently near the West Bay Walkway most mornings.

5 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

It is a fine bird photo.

s.c said...

Sometimes you can find them in front of windows or balconies waiting to be feed by the inhabitants as is the case in some parts of amsterdam. They can become real tame.

JoJo said...

That is a great photo. I think I mentioned one of my FB friends, in Ontario, is a birder and she posts lots of pics of her many finds.

William Kendall said...

Formidable shot!

I saw one here the other day, flying up out of the Rideau Canal.

Stephanie said...

I agree with that they stay put long enough to capture a few good shots of them. Stunning shot?