Custom Search

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Swallow's Landing


I am happy to share with you today my new favorite view of the Victoria Skyline. This is taken from the terrace of a pair of condominiums called "Swallow's Landing," overlooking the Matson Conservation Area along the West Bay Walkway. I'll tell you a little about this project tomorrow.
For those of you who might be interested in yesterday's seal pup, he was there again today and I was a little better prepared with an 80-200mm zoom lens. Some of the people using the walkway are concerned that he is sick or wounded when they see him lying on the cement like this. Wikipedia, however, assures us that when not hunting or feeding, harbour seals like to pull themselves out of the water and rest on convenient rocks. To me he looks very happy and healthy and it is a treat to see him dropping off to sleep, losing his balance and snapping awake again.

6 comments:

JoJo said...

That little seal is just so ADORABLE!!!

I'm wondering if I will have time to swing by this little view point on my Victoria junket next month, possibly on the way to Esquimalt.

Dean Lewis said...

Great shots today!
The skyline one works on so many levels.
Got to love those adorable seal pups. It is common for folks to panic thinking they are abandoned when they aren't, but Conservation officers have been known to rescue them if their parent doesn't come back after a certain time.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Your skyline is just perfect. It's like a picture postcard. The trees and greenery have so many colours and the background is just superb.

Sharon said...

I can see why this is your new favorite view! It's stunning. And, what can I say about the pup other than "adorable".

Mike Laplante said...

"...it is a treat to see him dropping off to sleep, losing his balance and snapping awake again"

LOL.

Isn't that what they do to the 'guests' at Guantanamo Bay?

(And speaking of seals, the captcha word verification for my comment is 'arparp'. Say it fast a few times...)

Jack said...

What a beautiful panorama.