Custom Search

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Concentration

On Sunday while Dean Lewis was drawing my caricature (see previous post) I was also able to listen to some musical artistry from a little further up the causeway, the superb guitar stylings of Jean Bedard. He's another example of an artist whose performances you should plan to catch if you're visiting (or living) in Victoria. Jean's a quiet performer but if you
slow down,
stop,
sit down,
tune out the traffic noises and
listen,
you will be amply rewarded by his immaculate technique and sensitive interpretations. Buy one of his CDs to remind you of summer when next winter comes. Jean's not always on the Inner Harbour Causeway - often he plays at Fisherman's Wharf. To find out when and where he (or any other Causeway Artist) is playing, check the playlist schedule on the Causeway Artists website by clicking here. Below is a sample of Jean's playing and singing.
"Lay Down by the Water" played by Jean Bedard


6 comments:

Gunn said...

I don`t know the artist, but he has style with a hat like this!:)

JoJo said...

Do you also know the bagpipe guy?

Several years ago when I was in Victoria, I was eating outside at Milestones and was treated to the most amazing fiddling I've ever heard by a little girl, who couldn't have been more than 10 at the time. I think I tossed a couple of Toonies into the kitty. She was unbelievable.

Benjamin Madison said...

Hi JoJo - I don't know the bagpipe guy though I did post a photo of him a few years ago. The only young girl "amazing" fiddler that I know who plays outside Milestones is Sarah Tradewell. I haven't seen her this year but she must be about 16 or 17 now.

Benjamin Madison said...

Bagpipe guy: http://victoriadailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/05/victoria-day-weekend-1.html

Dean Lewis said...

JoJo, that most likely was Sarah as Benjamin said. She has just returned to the causeway and is scheduled less than the past as she is in rehearsal for a run of Hank Williams, The Show He Never Gave at the McPherson Theatre in August.

http://www.tourismvictoria.com/EventDetail.aspx?eid=7648

JoJo said...

I just checked out the photo of her and that is definitely her. I took a picture of her and posted it in one of my Victoria photo albums on Facebook. She was probably 10 or 11 at the time I saw her. she was magnificent.

Word verif: cholesti