Custom Search

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wharf Street

This is my favorite Victoria skyline because it has such an interesting variety of architectural styles and its colors make it look warm even now, in March. In this photo Wharf Street runs from left to right above the Inner Harbor near Ship Point. The street we can look up is Fort Street, so named because it marked the original location of Fort Victoria. The photo was taken from the Songhees side of the Inner Harbour with a 200 mm telephoto lens.

6 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

This is spectacular, especially blown up to fill the screen.

Nancy said...

I love taking the Ferry here. I'll be there in July!

Vanessa Bates said...

What a great photo!!

Hope said...

This is a nice photo! I love it!

Jabba said...

Wow, you really do get some great shots of our City. I love the old and the new in this photo, and the sailboats only add to it.

Hilda said...

I love the smaller buildings along Wharf street! And the masts make it look even more interesting!