Custom Search

Friday, March 13, 2009

"Church" Street!


This is not actually "Church Street" but if I was re-naming Quadra Street I would call it that since there are four churches within a hundred meters of the two former churches I mentioned yesterday, and these are functioning churches. Above are the First Metropolitan United Church (left) and the Glad Tidings Pentecostal Church. On the immediate left is the St. John the Divine Anglican Church and to the right is the First Baptist Church. Christ Church Cathedral is also on Quadra Street and only a few blocks up from these churches is a mosque. So religion is certainly not dead in Victoria but, as in the rest of the world, its place in our city and in people's lives is changing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your place is very beautiful. it reminds me of luxembourg :-) the church just like the one from my friend's house

got here from layrayski's blog