Custom Search

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Theme Park

There are times here when I feel like I'm wandering around in a giant theme park. For instance, moments after I had taken the photos of the Bell Tower that I posted the day before yesterday, I was crossing Fort Street and glanced down towards the harbour to see this view - very different in character but just as strange and wonderful. When I glanced the other way up Fort Street I saw St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, equally dream-like and different. I'll post a few photos of St. Andrew's sometime soon. This view looks from downtown across the harbour towards the Songhees. That rocky area across the water is where I took the photo that is the header for this page.

5 comments:

Virginia said...

I must agree with you. YOur city is so quaint and interesting. I love the buildings. Lucky you to live there and be able to photograph them all.
V

PS Your header is great!

Walker said...

Love this picture so much. Stunning. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful city is such a great way. We loved our visit and will be back for sure.

Jabba said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has feelings of "Where AM I?!" while walking around this city. Not in a bad way, it's just so different from the big city.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent scenery. Congratulations. greetings.

Priyanka Khot said...

Wow a horse carriage in the middle of the street. Now this is what Delhi is missing. I should try and fix that.

amazing photo