Custom Search

Thursday, January 5, 2017

April Choices!

As I wrote yesterday, "Every year I put together a calendar for friends and family, of photos I have published on this blog for the last year or so. However, it's always difficult to make decisions about which photos to use. I am hoping visitors to this blog will help out. Every day for the next few weeks I will publish two or three photos from a given month and hope that comments and choices made by visitors will help me make a final decision which photos to use in this year's calendar. As an incentive, I will offer an online downloadable/printable file of the calendar to anyone who helps me make a choice."

Thanks to everyone who has given me their opinions so far, and it really helps when you give reasons for your preference.

Below are my favorite April 2016 photos. There are four to choose from today - Victoria in April is like a giant garden, especially my favorite little jewel, Highrock Park. Which one do you prefer?

Victoria from Christmas Hill


Camas Lilies - Highrock Park 1

Bengal Lounge - Empress Hotel (This would be a slightly out of place photo except that three of the recipients of the annual calendar are visible in this photo. It also has historical significance because the Bengal Lounge - a venerable Victoria watering place - is no more, having been deleted in the Empress Hotel's recent renovations. The photo was taken shortly before the room was closed forever.)

Camas Lilies - Highrock Park 2 (I know this is not much different from the other Highrock Park photo but in the spring this park has such an unearthly beauty I spend hours up there wandering around.)

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I'd pick #2 of those, and if that's April in Victoria, we're coming to see it!!

Anonymous said...

This is a tough one, all 4 are great. I'm going with my initial reaction, which was to Camas Lilies - Highrock Park 1.

Benjamin, if it's important to you that your 3 friends be in the calendar, and if it would make them happy to be featured in the calendar, then choose the Bengal Lounge : )

William Kendall said...

I think it's the second one for me- very distinctive colours!

JoJo said...

Highrock 1 or 2