Custom Search

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Giant White Fawn Lily (Erythronium oregonum)

Here is the spring flower I found yesterday, a Giant White Fawn Lily (Erythronium oregonum). This one was blooming near the West Bay Walkway and very near to where I saw the deer I posted photos of yesterday. When I look back at previous years I see that my first sighting of this spring harbinger is earlier this year than in the past and it does seem like it's been warmer this March than in other years. In any case I'm happy to see these little lilies blooming since they always signal warmer weather to come.

5 comments:

msdewberry said...

Gorgeous!! I am missing spring flowers now, dressed in raindrops.

William Kendall said...

Lovely!

Dean Lewis said...

A Giant White Fawn Lily and a white fawn deer, in the same day.
There are no coincidences.

Stephanie said...

It is beautifully captured.

Kris McCracken said...

I do like a nice dripping flower.

...This might sound like a euphemism, but I can assure you that this is not my intent! ;D