Custom Search

Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Somewhere Saturday" - Seattle, USA

I've visited or lived in some of the world's most beautiful cities but one of the nicest and most interesting is relatively close to Victoria. I am speaking of Seattle in the State of Washington, USA. As is so often the case with places that are nearby I had never spent any time in Seattle until recently, although I had passed through it many times on my way to other places. Today's photos are of the Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum building designed by famed architect, Frank O. Gehry. It's only one of the many interesting things to see in Seattle. There are four Seattle Daily Photo Blogs - one two three and four. They're all worth visiting but I recommend especially the first of these not only for the quality of the photos but since I have had the pleasure of meeting the photographer, Kim, several times, both here and in Seattle. It's a wonderful city.Above, looking up inside the entrance to the Science Fiction Museum one can see the monorail whizzing past.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

I recognized this right away b/f reading your text. Isn't this building just fabulous to shoot? The pink side is my fave. I wasn't crazy about the design at first but seeing it up close is a different story. I must visit them again & go inside, b/f I leave!

Christina Klas said...

YAY! I thought right away that this must be the EMP. What beautiful captures of such a unique structure! I love Seattle and am glad to call this area my home!

togoh said...

wow this looks so cool! gehry is just the coolest guy on earth!

Carola said...

Fantastic and yes so cool shots.