Custom Search

Monday, October 18, 2010

West Bay Marina Sunrise

I still have a few bird photos from my excursion to Esquimalt Lagoon on the weekend but I thought I would break the sequence today with another sunrise photo, this one of West Bay Marina with its houseboats and sailboats. This marina marks the western end of the West Bay/Westsong Walkway, the eastern end of which is the Johnson Street Bridge in downtown Victoria. It's a beautiful walk at any time of day.


Some of you may be wondering what the white stuff is on the rocks in the foreground. It's not snow or frost - it's broken shells. Seagulls drop clams and other shellfish onto the rocks here to crack them open for their dining pleasure.

5 comments:

JoJo said...

Breathtaking as usual!! Looks like I'm going to have some pretty crappy weather for my trip this week. :(

Dean Lewis said...

JoJo, I've learned that the weather in Victoria almost always turns out better than what is forecast. Nobody complains that way. And also, the forecast changes constantly, so that what they're saying for next weekend is really a guess.
Here's one source, which for now shows more of the same of what we've been having, beautifully clear, sun all week, right up to saturday:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0313?ref=wxeyecitypagev4

JoJo said...

Thanks Dean! At this point, I give up trying to plan for it. Basically whatever I see when I step off the Clipper is what it's going to be! lol Hope you will be set up along the Causeway so that I can stop by and say Hi. :)

Stefan Jansson said...

Has to be a good day with this sort of start I think.

Jack said...

What a beautiful place and what a beautiful photograph!