Custom Search

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chinatown

Regular visitors here will know I have a penchant for old or legacy lenses. Yesterday I was lucky enough to find (for $15) a lens that some call the best 50mm lens ever made - the Super Takumar f1.4 50mm. I've only just begun to play with it but I like what I've seen so far. It may require a bit of work - there is a slight tinge of yellowness but I know how to cure that. Today's post is just a few shots of Victoria's Chinatown I took to test this lens.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Outstanding find!! And the photos look great to me. It was so foggy when I visited that my Chinatown pics came out quite dark with white sky.

Michael said...

Wow! Stunning results. $15, how can this be possible?

msdewberry said...

Nice find! Now I have some serious lens envy and I just got over the last hit of that!!
Chinatown is one of my brother's favorite haunts. I think the Noodle Box restaurant is on the outskirts of Chinatown and I love going there for some food when we get to the island for a visit.
Happy Halloween!