Custom Search

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Maritime Museum of British Columbia




My recent visit to the Royal BC Museum reminded me that I had long promised myself another visit to the Maritime Museum of BC, located in Bastion Square. It's the large cream building with the green and white trim pictured above. On the left is a small sample of the fascinating displays inside the museum. It is a chair made in 1692 from timbers of a ship wrecked during the battle of the Spanish Armada in 1588. Historical objects such as this make history seem real in a way that mere words on paper never can. There's many more displays relating to ships and the sea and local maritime history that I'll share with you over the next few days.
I posted another photo of the Maritime Museum HERE, taken last year during balmier weather.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

How in the world have I missed this museum in all the times I've visited Bastion Square???

Paty said...

what a gorgeous place and nice angle! is it possible that you post some photos of the inside? it must be a very nice museum.

Louis la Vache said...

There is also a Maritime Museum in San Francisco.