Custom Search

Saturday, September 26, 2009

King of the Castle

Yes, that's my shadow. I'm standing on top of the "cairn" that gave this park its original name. It's now called "Highrock Park." Photographers are a bit like goats in liking to get up on top of whatever will provide a view overlooking everything else. As for "King of the Castle," who else remembers the rhyme, "I'm the king of the castle and you're the dirty rascal"? It sounds like one of those folk rhymes that linger in our childhoods from medieval roots. There are some autumn tints in this photo. Fall is here. That's the city of Victoria in the distance.

4 comments:

Susan Jones said...

Adore the colours of the season!

Unknown said...

I love the long shadows made by the "magic hour."

ms toast burner said...

Great shot, Benjamin... I mean your majesty! ;-)

Canarybird said...

It looks like Victoria is having its wonderful Indian Summer weather.
I don't remember that park though.
Guess it's time I went back for a visit.