Custom Search

Monday, December 15, 2008

Microdrifts

Clear and sunny today but still a wicked wind and below-freezing temperatures. Our snow is only a few inches deep but I wanted in this picture to show how the wind has been forming it into drifts like desert dunes. Below is a photo of the upper harbor taken from the Victoria West side of the Gorge. The large blue building on the left is the Value Village thrift store, from the back window of which I took this photo during the relatively balmy days of October.

4 comments:

USelaine said...

Those drifts are beautiful in that light.

Kathreen said...

Congrats on getting out to take shots of these unseasonably bright and shivering days.

Michaela said...

I'm so gosh darn cold! Luckily, I live in the Lower Mainland so we don't have much snow, but the wind is BRUTAL. I have layers upon layers on. Uhg! I despise winter. But Christmas is coming. That's swell! :D

Knoxville Girl said...

Brrr! But look at how you caught the sparkle on that snow - superb.