Custom Search

Monday, December 29, 2008

Ducks, Ducks, Ducks....

The roads are clear enough now so that I was able to get out on my bike yesterday and take a quick spin down to Beacon Hill Park. Though most of the snow is gone the duck ponds are still frozen and the ducks are hanging out on the lawns. As soon as they saw me pull up they all came charging over and, while a duck or two is not very threatening, several hundred are a bit daunting. However, when they realized I was not a bread bearer they dispersed with querulous quacks.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic shot! Wow! :-)

Katney said...

I love the querulous quacks! Heaven protect anyone who shows up with bread and not enough for everyone.

Wayne said...

I think the expression 'pecked to death by ducks' originated when someone showed up at one of these gatherings without any bread.

Tash said...

A very populated duck pond. Great photo.

Babzy.B said...

a remake of "the birds " by Alfred Hitchcock hihihi !

Bettey said...

Wow! Thats an impressive group!

Copenhagen said...

Wow...cute ducks. I guess snow is slowly melting in B.C.

Michaela said...

That's A LOT of ducks. What I would have done is run through the whole flock of them. I like chasing birds...

USelaine said...

Mallard males are so beautifully colored. It's so easy to take them for granted because they are so common. I don't recognize the type of duck in the center there, with the blue bill. Looks like there are a couple more on the distant right.

Anonymous said...

New year'S to you happiness, and quiet and the welfare will bring.

Anonymous said...

I feed the ducks on a nearby canal quite often but I have never seen that many ducks in one place. I do not mind aggresive ducks, I draw the line at Canada geese though.