Custom Search

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Beach Pianos


The first thing I saw when I arrived at Cattle point yesterday was this gaily painted piano. It's one of a set of five painted pianos that are part of the Oak Bay Arts Alive Program. There are also a dozen sculptures scattered around Oak Bay. We'll have a look at one of the sculptures tomorrow. Shortly after I took the above photo a man came along and sat down and proceeded to play, really beautifully. Later on my drive around the shoreline I came across another of these pianos, this one on Willows Beach, pictured below. To find out more about the Arts Alive Program, click HERE.

3 comments:

Kate said...


Both pianos are lovely, but a beach pianos?! We have had these delightful pianos posted at various spots in St Paul, MN USA but they usually are near stores and shops with a canvas tarp available to protect each one form the elements.

JoJo said...

That's super cool!!!!!

William Kendall said...

Odd spots for pianos!