Custom Search

Monday, September 8, 2008

Lights

One of the nicer features of the sky over Victoria at night is the bright light pictured above. It's made from natural stone and operates by reflected light (solar powered!) so is environmentally sustainable. It's also quite attractive and I suspect other cities will try to obtain their own once it becomes more widely known. Below is another environmentally sound light that I noticed tonight while cycling past one of the new condo development projects nearby, Dockside Green, which has an admirable number of other green initiatives. Yes, that is a solar array above the light.

2 comments:

USelaine said...

LOL! I'll have you know that I caught my own view of the natural stone light in my little bonus picture today. Now if we could just get your street lights as well...

Michaela said...

Woot! Go green! Love the top one, by the way.