Custom Search

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Landscapes and Figures

In Africa people love to have photo albums and they will bring them out and show them to you when you visit. Almost invariably, all the pictures are of people. No scenery, except perhaps as a backdrop to people. When I showed my pictures to people I found they flipped through any scenery/sunset/animal/flower shots until they found shots with people in them. I have grown to be a little like this myself. I always want to have some people in my landscapes. The couple above is strolling along Dallas Road where it borders Beacon Hill Park.

3 comments:

USelaine said...

A family I stayed with in Turkey was the same way. Often when I pointed my camera to get a scene, the teenaged daughter would jump in front of the shot. I'm sure she thought she was helping. The people here in Willits, however, scurry to get out of the way, when they would have added to the scene. And I'm sure they think they are helping too!

Knoxville Girl said...

What I like best about this scene is the swish of the woman's dress - such a little detail, but it adds character to your photo.

Sheila said...

This takes me back home. When my daughter and I were in Paris she told me to take a picture of a girl in front of the Opera House because I was waiting until she walked away - she was right and so are you!