Custom Search

Monday, March 16, 2015

Barred Owl

Just as I was leaving the Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary last week another photographer drew my attention to this Barred Owl having a snooze in a tree near the exit trail. There were actually two owls but the other one,perched a little below this one, was obscured by branches. Owls are becoming another favorite model of mine since, like Great Blue Herons, they often sit unmoving for long periods of time, thus enabling even torpid photographers like myself to get a photograph.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

I really should start looking up into the trees more often. I have yet to see an owl outside of a wildlife park.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful find, and spectacular picture!

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful one this one is.

Stephanie said...

Great fine this one. He is beautiful!