Custom Search

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Mystery Mushrooms

Yesterday's mushroom photo was from my second day's search for this season's mushrooms. On our first day out (in Mount Douglas Park) all we saw were these little guys. There were lots of them and it was Fern who noticed that many of the clusters were growing from single pine cones like the one above. There are a number of different mushroom species that like to grow from pine cones so I can't identify these with any certainty. These were photographed in Thetis Lake Regional Park.

5 comments:

Silvina Soave said...

Una imagen preciosa!! Muy buenas todas tus fotos! Saludos!!

JoJo said...

I had no idea that mushrooms grew from pine cones.

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

Very artistic shot!

Warren said...

That's an incredible picture, very nicely done! I don't think I've seen or noticed mushrooms growing on a pine cone before. nice!

William Kendall said...

That's the first time I've ever seen them do that!