Custom Search

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vic West Community Corn Roast 4


You may wonder why I'm posting such a disorganized, uncomposed motley crowd scene here. Well this blog is about Victoria and the crowd above are my Victoria. I've lived in a lot of different countries and experienced many different kinds of community from small African and Indian villages to modern mega-cities like London and Mexico City. I found something to like in all these places but I am happy that I have ended up here in Vic West. The people in the photo above are my neighbours, people I see from day to day in the stores and streets and occasionally in their homes, and I like them. Of course, we're Canadians so we don't live in each other's pockets but there is a good sense of community here, nurtured by events like the corn roast. I'm glad to see it growing and I tender my thanks to the organizers and volunteers who make this event so special.



No comments: