Custom Search

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chemainus Murals


Last week we made some posts about our recent day trip to Chemainus. One of the main reasons for that trip was to see the "World Famous Murals". Fern posted one picture of a mural and here are a few more. They really are very striking and the town boasts nearly 40 of these immense paintings. Most deal with the early history of the area and focus on logging. Others, such as the one above pay tribute the the earliest residents of the area, the Chemainus First Nation. I also enjoyed the way that murals have become a part of even the fast food purveyors storefronts such as Subway.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

The one on the Subway surprised me! It's great though. I didn't get good shots of some of them b/c of cars parked right in front.

Stephanie said...

Because of my sore leg, I did not get to view all the murals when we visited Chemainus end of August.