Custom Search

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Toronto Pearson International Airport

Airports are not usually places where one chooses to spend much time. Nevertheless, anyone who travels much ends up spending hours in these vast echoing buildings that, though they are all designed for the same purposes, manage to express distinct characters. Much of that distinctness comes from the public art that occupies some of the floor space. Above, for this week's "Somewhere Saturday", is an example from Toronto's Pearson International Airport. It's an interesting piece in that it affects the ambient sound as one walks through the spaces it creates. Compare this with Vancouver and Beijing International Airports' art.

1 comment:

JoJo said...

In these days of high security I'm always afraid to whip out my camera inside airports. I'm so scared the TSA will think I'm casing the joint and will subject me to a strip search.