Custom Search

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Highland Games

Every year all Victoria's Scots and would-be Scots hold a two day celebration of all things Scottish called the Highland Games. Usually, in anticipation of the big Victoria Day Parade here I forget to attend this event, so I made a special point of remembering it this year. It was good that I did since the parade on Monday was rained on and I decided to stay home. Saturday, however, was bright and sunny and I joined the tartaned crowds to watch the tossing of the Haggis and the many other events. The skirling of pipe bands accompanied the above competition, a judging of Drum Major skills. We'll have a look at some of the other activities later in the week.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

The tossing of the haggis? LOL!!! That's hilarious!! I've heard of Highland Games caber tossing but not haggis tossing.

Dean Lewis said...

You're most likely to toss a Haggis after eating it.