Custom Search

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Brussels Sprout

Lately I've posted a photo of a baby duck (Duckling) and a baby hummingbird (Fledgeling) so here, for "Somewhere Saturday" is one of the world's more famous baby humans. This is Brussels' Mannekin Pis, who has been doing his business for just about 400 years a couple of blocks from the Grand Place, pictured two weeks ago.When I was in Brussels about a month ago this symbol of the city was drawing quite a crowd. I can only imagine what it's like in the summer. Brussels takes great pride in this little statue and its fame and that makes me like the Belgians since they must certainly have a good sense of humor.

5 comments:

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

Did you go to see his female version, Janeken Pis?

Benjamin Madison said...

Ha Ha - no I had not even heard of the female version until you mentioned it in your comment. HERE's a link to some photos.

Paul in Powell River said...

When I was there in a November some years back there was just me and the little man, no other tourists to be seen.

JoJo said...

That's funny!! Of course in the repressed and obnoxious USA, some prude would have complained about it and forced the city to either remove it or put some diapers on it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely capture! I see others are doing the same!