Custom Search

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fisgard Lighthouse and HMCS Calgary

I went out to the Fisgard Lighthouse because it's an unfailingly picturesque scene and it's a delight to photograph something that always looks good at any season, any time of day, in any light or weather. However, that also means it's a bit of a challenge to try and see it from a new perspective. I had some help yesterday from the Canadian Navy when they sent the frigate HMCS Calgary through the entrance to Esquimalt Harbour while I was photographing the lighthouse. Esquimalt Harbour is home to Canada's Pacific Fleet.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

My friend's hubby is stationed at Esquimalt.

Next time I'm on Vancouver Island I'm going to have to blow off the usual tourist places and explore places like this.

irinapictures said...

Great view and so very professional photo, as usual.