Custom Search

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Frost

While the rest of the country has been suffering from severe snow storms Victoria has had relatively mild weather though it has been windy and colder than usual. After I mentioned a week or so ago that we had not yet had a freeze, the temperature has dropped so it is freezing every night. I've actually been looking forward to snow since it makes the environment more picturesque but we have none yet so I decided to make do with frost. Above is what it looks like in my back yard this morning.


Lenses: For those interested in technical stuff, I also went out this morning to test some of my old legacy lenses with an extension tube I picked up last week. The above was shot using a Super Multi-coated Takumar 1:2.8/105mm lens and pair of extension tubes totaling about 2 inches (5 cm.) The tubes and the lens are M42 mounts and I use them on my Sony with an adapter.

2 comments:

tennisjazz said...

Gorgeous shot, well done Benjamin. the blue tinge on the ice crystals is perfect.

jo said...

Very pretty - an a great reminder to look for the beauty in the things right where you are!