Custom Search

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Linda Lindsay

Here are two more sculptures from last weekend's Sculpture Splash in Esquimalt. Those of you who visit this blog often will know that I spent many years in Africa and when I saw these sculptures I was completely blown away. The sculptor, Linda Lindsay, has perfectly captured the spirit of Africa in these works, a remarkable achievement. When I was able to chat with the artist a bit I was surprised to learn that while she has visited Africa, she has not lived there for any extended period of time. I had assumed that such deep insight as her sculptures manifest could only come from lengthy exposure to African culture. She has seen more in her visits than many people who have lived there for years. You can see some of her other work on her website, LindaLindsaySculpture.com.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

I go for the latter one. They're very vivid.

Mike Laplante said...

These are impressive. It's great that you were able to capture and share them with people who couldn't be there...

JoJo said...

She does great work. Sculptors amaze me.

Noor al Haqiqa said...

I had a wedding that weekend. Thank you for these photos so I know what I missed... (well sorta. The wedding was perfect.)