Custom Search

Monday, October 26, 2015

Ross Bay Cemetery - Terry Reksten

While most of the graves in Ross Bay Cemetery are of historical figures from the 19th and early 20th centuries, here is the stone that marks the relatively recent grave of a writer very important to Victoria's heritage and history. This is the grave of Terry Reksten, who deserves a place alongside the historical figures that lie nearby because she actively worked to preserve what they created and wrote about it so feelingly. Her books of BC and Victoria history were and still are very popular. Much of the little I know of our local history comes from reading some of her numerous books.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

I should pick up some of her books then. I love reading the history of my fave places. I love this pic with the leaves.

William Kendall said...

A fitting tombstone for a writer.