Custom Search

Monday, July 20, 2015

Gonzales Beach

Gonzales Beach is another favorite of mine. It consists of the shore of Foul Bay - not a very attractive name but here "Foul" refers to the nautical character of the bay as an unsafe anchorage due to the nature of the seafloor. Although it doesn't show much of the beach, I have chosen to use the photo above because it provides a good orientation to the location of the beach. On the eminence we can see the white Gonzales Observatory atop Gonzales Hill, which gives its name to both the observatory and the beach. A couple of years ago I posted this photo of the beach taken from the observatory should you wish to see what this intimate little beach looks like from above.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a setting!

Stephanie said...

Agree with the first comment.

JoJo said...

I think my friend Nigel worked at that observatory in the 90s. Maybe it was a different one...but I know it was in Victoria. He loved eating at the Sticky Wicket like me.

Stefan Jansson said...

Not a bad place if you want to live close to the beach.