Custom Search

Friday, July 26, 2013

Inner Harbour

Victoria's Inner Harbour is a beautiful spot, perhaps one of the loveliest city centers in the world. I must confess though that its most winning charactistic - it's a beautiful spot to relax and spend some time - is slowly being usurped by its use as a venue for huge crowd attracting events. It's a great space but when it is so full of people that it is impossible to relax and stroll around it loses some of its charm. Above is what I consider a pleasant summer scene. On the left is the crowd that turned out for the recent car show. It was a great show but I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't have been as great if it were held in some other part of the city, leaving the charms of the Inner Harbour and Causeway intact.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Beautiful scene.

JoJo said...

Beautiful Inner Harbour. I miss it so much. I agree w/ you on the car show. That could have taken place elsewhere!

William Kendall said...

It is a beautiful locale.

Stephanie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous shot! I miss Victoria. Got to get down there soon.