Custom Search

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hanging by a thread at 500 meters....


Did I say 500 meters? It's more like 5 meters as you can see in the photo to the right but I'd much prefer to learn rock-climbing like the young man pictured here, relatively close to the ground. In fact, I'd rather not learn rock-climbing at all and will happily leave it to younger more daring people. I am posting this photo because I mentioned in an earlier post on Fleming Beach that it has a rock face much favored by rock-climbing enthusiasts for training. I must confess also to a growing fondness for this Fleming Beach and Macaulay Point area. These are very quiet parks mostly used by locals to enjoy the splendid rocky seascapes. In the photo below, you can see the rock face and just below it in the center of the photo is the tiny Fleming Beach. To the right of the beach, the green fenced picnic area is called Buxton Green. The hill above the green is the Macaulay Point gun emplacements pictured in another earlier post.

3 comments:

Martin MY said...

My legs just went weak, I suffer from severe vertigo.

Unknown said...

Ha! This picture totally made me laugh. When we visited victoria my husband made the same assent and I laid on the walk to make it seem as if he were a lot higher off the ground. I love it!

Petrea Burchard said...

You had me going with that first shot. What a wonderful beach.