Custom Search

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cadborosaurus

The picture above is Cadboro Bay. I went there to see a sea lion that apparently had hauled itself up onto the beach to moult and had become a local celebrity for doing so. I suspect it was embarrassed by all the attention and swam off to find a quieter location because it was not there today. But it was a bright, sunny day so I didn't mind. Cadboro Bay has a nice, sandy beach although I think the youngsters to the right are jumping the gun a bit on wading. (I was wearing gloves and they were running around barefoot.) However, although there was no sea lion I realize I have been remiss in not mentioning before that this bay is home to the legendary Cadborosaurus willsi, a local version of the Loch Ness monster. Below is a sculpture of "Caddy" that graces the children's playground in Gyro Park, attached to Cadboro Bay Beach.

4 comments:

cieldequimper said...

The ripples on the first picture are lovely!

Stevenson Q said...

The first photo is just like in another world! Love Love Love it!

Steven^^

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Oh my, that's such a postcard!

Virginia said...

Well he's as cute as a button, but I'm awestruck by those two fabulous trees sihouetted against that blue sky. Whew!
V