Custom Search

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Reflections

There are many cliché (or classic, depending on your attitude) photo subjects. For instance, I doubt if any photographer can resist a lighthouse. I couldn't and I'm willing to bet that if you are a photographer and there is a lighthouse anywhere nearby, you have photographed it a dozen times. Well, here's another - watery reflections. I've got dozens of these and I love them, but normally I treat them as private pleasures. I'm sharing this one, however, because it's like a rippled Mondrian, and leads nicely into tomorrow's post on Fisherman's Wharf, where this reflection was captured.

5 comments:

USelaine said...

Very abstract indeed! Interesting palette employed by the artist here.

Eki said...

Aha! I like taking pictures of reflections like this too. ;) And, like you, I've been keeping them to myself too.

This one's really cool.

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful reflection photo! I like the Mondrian comparision! :-)

Saretta said...

I love this photo! It is beautiful and yes, Mondrian!

Debbie Courson Smith said...

You've struck a chord. I photograph all the lighthouses I see in my landlocked town - I like them, even though they are illogical.