Custom Search

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Special Tree

I've confessed to my favorite wildflower so, while I've not thought about it much, I suspect the Garry Oaks that are so distinctive a part of this place are my favorite trees. They are so wonderfully and irrationally gnarled. And, whenever I go to Highrock Park I always end up pausing when I see this particular oak. There's something about how it grips the rock it grows out of and how it is always silhouetted against the sky that makes me stop and appreciate it.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

Love those oaks.

William Kendall said...

They do stand out well!

Mike Laplante said...

I think they come into their own at Halloween when the gnarled branches silhouetted against overcast skies seem reminiscent of scenes from a Tim Burton movie.

Anonymous said...

The mighty oak, standing tall and proud.