Custom Search

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Somewhere Saturday - Cappon, Alberta

Last summer my brother and I traveled across the Canadian Rockies for a family reunion in Alberta. During that trip we visited this lonesome graveyard. Most of the graves you can see are those of members of our extended family dating back a hundred and fifty years or more. This landscape is so vast that for those of us who live amongst mountains it is a bit daunting, though it has an austere beauty. I take this opportunity to wish you all the happiest of New Years.

2 comments:

PinkPanthress said...

The view is so, deep or better yet, open?
I don't know it's just wow. :)

P.S.: For the new World, only if you do not take the Natives/FirstNations into account of course, 150+ years is a very long time, imho. No?

P.P.S.: A happy New year to you, too!

JoJo said...

Happy New Year Ben! I look forward to more beautiful shots in 20121