Custom Search

Monday, January 19, 2009

Gorge Park III

Excuse me while I indulge my enthusiasm for Gorge Park. For me it's a new discovery - one of those places you drive past a hundred times a year without seeing. And then one day you slow down and stop and look around. We are having some bright sunny days now and I'm going to go out shortly and explore a little more of the Upper Gorge and Portage Inlet. I'm also going to take a look at Craigflower School, the oldest schoolhouse in Western Canada (1855).

6 comments:

Al said...

Beautiful picture, as usual.

I've got to get up to Victoria one of these days. I'm going more than halfway there later this week (Seattle), but that is as far north as I've been in western North America.

Petrea Burchard said...

It's lovely. I understand your enthusiasm. Looking forward to the school.

rob said...

The curved line of the grass is the continuation of the curved line of the building posted yesterday! Wonderful shots!

Ken Mac said...

stunning shot. You could almost glide on the lake it's so well captured.

postie said...

Hey your pic is looking toward my house. Im just on the other side of the hill to the left of the one with the snow on it.

Anonymous said...

Oh..Your picture make me crazy...so beautifull!!! I like so much!! simple and give emotion...