Custom Search

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Beacon Drive-In

What are all these people lining up for? Is the food really that good? Anyone who grew up here will recognize this Victorian institution, the Beacon Drive-in, and today is the 50th anniversary of their opening. Food vendors are not allowed in Beacon Hill Park across the road and this place is the nearest fast food available. And yes, if you like burgers, fries, shakes and cones, it's good. I often stop here for a quick snack when I'm cycling around Victoria. Great chips! And you can't beat today's special anniversary prices. I had fries and a small shake today for $2. I had to take a picture of this menu since I haven't seen prices like these for about 50 years.

1 comment:

Louis la Vache said...

Oh my! "Louis" would probably like this place! Not on a regular basis, but it would certainly fill a need for nostalgia. "Louis" can almost smell the place - and he means this in a positive way, knowing fast food places can often smell greasy.

Saturday was Flag Day in the U.S.